Thursday, April 16, 2009

Transportation


There are children coming to our family, we know that. The biggest question of all time (in my mind at least) is what mode of transportation will they take to get here. After another month with no success I have wondered a lot about this. I have always imagined that my husband and I would adopt. My Mom has 26 adopted siblings, and I have two. Adoption is in my blood. Even before I knew how much trouble we would have in this department I have imagined that this would be part of our future. One of the most amazing experiences in my life was going to the temple and watching those two beautiful sisters be sealed to our family, as we were all dressed in white. There was no doubt they were my sisters before I was born, and were supposed to come to our family. Sometimes they fit better than the rest of us. They just took different transportation. It had to be that way. So just as some people get from point a to point b in convertibles, vans, buses and bicycles children go to the families they were meant for in so many different ways, maybe through bearing them and carrying them for 9 months, maybe first through foster care, maybe through adoption. Our children will get to us, just as yours will come to you because they are meant for us. Now we just need to figure out how they are going to get here! I have no preference as to how they come, my preference is just that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment