Saturday, March 14, 2009

MY GRAND INVENTION!


Ok so I have been putting a lot of thought into this lately, as it kindof relates to my last post and here my friends is my million dollar idea. (or ideas)

Pregnancy tests for people who don't want to be pregnant..

Make those pretty much like the ones that already exist, very depressing and apathetic, just telling it how it is. Maybe have one that has a little screen that comes up when its positive and says things like

"WHOOPS"
"YIKES"
"DID YOU FORGET SOMETHING"
YOU CAN FILL IN YOUR OWN HERE!

And when its negative:

"THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE"
"BREATHE"
"PHEW"

Pregnancy Tests for People who want to be pregnant, and who have been trying.

When it is positive:
Things like this show up on the screen

"YES!!"
"WORK IT"
"You Did it"
"Way to go you two"
"I knew you could do it"
"It has finally happened"

Maybe it even prints out a $50 gift card to motherhood or baby gap, why because we deserve it!

When its negative:
The screen boosts ya back up instead of making you feel bad about yourself.

"Its ok, it will happen soon"
"I could be wrong"
"No worries"
"I'm so sorry"
"You were so close"
"Do you want me to tell your husband for you?" - Honestly, does this hit home for anyone else
"Who invented these tests anyway."
"Theres always next month" - but would we want to hear this
"Go get yourself a huge ice cream sundae"
"Go out to eat"
"Go to the mall"

Maybe it even prints out two cruise tickets for a 7 night mexican riviera cruise...bring it on!!

Oh if only! right ladies, if only . After these last 4 pregnancy tests I took, I would have just appreciated a little smiley face in the window with the negative. NOT WHAT SEEMS LIKE A HUGE NEGATIVE SYMBOL THAT SCREAMS YOU WISH! Ok maybe that was dramatic but honestly....I would pay a little extra for a more "positive" negative! Bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is an amazing idea!! I especially like the negative responses to the girls trying to get pregnant. We would have TONS of cruises by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I get another negative test, I want to take a hammer to it.

    Perhaps I should.

    I shall. Next time, I shall take a pregnancy test, take it out in the middle of the woods, take a hammer to it, shoot it and then perhaps bury it in a shallow grave. Curse that little line for never showing up! CURSE it.

    Would a positive test be tacky to wear around my neck???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I have joined the infertility blog world and was wondering if you could change my family blog to my infertility blog. http://immaddysmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete