Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Some random thoughts!


*So yesterday I cried.....A LOT! But for the first time, in a long time, it wasn't because of all this. (Well I guess I probably shed a few tears about this.) I realized that there are other things to cry about. Which made me realize that other people, people who may be more fertile than me, have things to cry about too. Well that actually made me feel just a little bit better. I cried today too, for a different reason than both, see if I am crying as much as I am about as many things as I am other people are crying too, about the same things and about different things. It also made me realize....maybe I have been crying too much...very true, but it comes in shifts, I promise...I am not always so emotional.

*Lately I have been so worried, so nervous about something so ridiculous. I said to my husband, "what if I get pregnant?? What about all my friends (which I feel aren't that many) who check my fertility blog? I can't just leave them behind like that? " He looked at me as if I was crazy?!?!? And clearly I am, what a crazy concern. I was talking to my friend on the phone the other day, who was going in for AI, and said, "promise me you will tell me if you are pregnant, please don't feel bad, just know that it will give me hope!" I really meant it. Of course I will hope my turn with be shortly thereafter but it will most definitely give me hope!! And I realized that if it happens to me it will give others hope, and faith. It will make others proud as it would make me proud that one more person jumped the hurdle. I know there are many who already know they will never get pregnant and I could be in that boat too, who knows. But as long as there is hope lets keep on hopin'.

*So my friend and I were talking the other day about how we should make a stand-up comedy show for infertility. Bring our husbands along and just let it all out. We were chatting the other day and just laughing so hard. A few of the things mentioned were the fact that after my heart surgery I was on heavy blood thinners and wasn't aloud to get pregnant, so we prevented!! WHAT WERE WE THINKING? Can you think of a better way to waste money. It was so funny! I wish I could remember some more, we were just dying with laughter. Does anyone have any funny infertility things we can hear to lighten the mood and add laughter to our sticky situations?

5 comments:

  1. First of all, never feel bad for getting pregnant! You have waited so long for that blessing and honestly, there will be so many people celebrating with you! Then you can become even more of an inspiration to others around you.

    Secondly, comedy about infertility, huh? My favorite things have to be some of the pills that my doctor has prescribed me! (You want me to put that in the WHAT NOW?!) I think you know what I'm saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think "why in the heck do they give you more than one pregnancy test? why in the world would i need more than one?" . Ha ha I wish they came in bulk at costco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can still write here even if you get pregnant. you still know what it feels like and people need your voice.

    trust me.

    here's hoping for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MB, I stumbled on this blog and I LOVE it! I love your blunt honesty and you don't hold back. We need more people like that.

    Best wishes to you. Let's get together some time! :)

    ReplyDelete